Below are some clips from a great lecture that I had the pleasure of viewing today. If you are a frequenter of Jezebel or if you love to look at before and after photoshopped images, then this will certainly pique your interest. Some of the ads that are pointed out are absolutely awful and horrifying. It’s really amazing that these things so quietly exist in our culture.
The first clip is a trailer for this series – if you are short on time or attention span, I’d recommend this.
This clip is much longer and fleshed out. I highly recommend it. She is an engaging speaker and the visuals are compelling. The stuff around 6:32 is particularly interesting – they show how they create one woman from pieces of others digitally.
- There’s No Such Thing As Perfection (gorgeousocity.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Moves Toward Banning Photoshop In Cosmetics Ads (PG) (businessinsider.com)
- Photoshopped or Not? A Tool to Tell (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Audrey Hepburn Was Airbrushed [Photoshop Of Horrors] (jezebel.com)
- Redbook Retouches Faith Hill. What Do You Think? (bellasugar.com)
- Photoshop Disasters (fashionmakesitpossible.wordpress.com)
- Thanks To Photoshop, We Now Know What The Most Beautiful Woman In The World Looks Like (holytaco.com)
- Sexualization of women or just plain sex appeal (oscarnahunja.wordpress.com)
- Researchers quantify just how badly your favorite celebrity is Photoshopped [Computer Science] (io9.com)
- Face Swap! Incredible Photoshop Identity Theft (weburbanist.com)
- Tool Gives Photoshop Score to Magazine Photos (blogs.wsj.com)
- New Tool Detects Photoshop Shenanigans in Fashion Photos | 80beats (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Photoshopping Our Perception of Beauty (biodork.wordpress.com)
- Photoshopped or Not? (fashionmakesitpossible.wordpress.com)
- Tool Reveals Which Celebs, Models Have Been Photoshopped (mashable.com)