A new study by a Mexican research groupranks the 50 most dangerous cities in the whole wide world (based on homicide rates), and guess what, Latin America seems to be a region which is unsafe, if you define unsafe as “I do not want to be murdered.” Key findings:
- Five of the ten most dangerous cities in the world are in Mexico.
- Forty of the 50 most violent cities are in Latin America.
- But don’t worry, Amurrricans—the most homicide-plagued city in the world outside of Latin America is New Orleans, which comes in at number 21 on the list.
- The most dangerous city outside of the Americas or the Caribbean is Cape Town, South Africa. Which is less murderous than Detroit.
Here’s a peak at the list:
- Latin America Is the Most Dangerous Region in the World (By Far) [Violence] (gawker.com)
- Senior citizens are Latin America’s favorite U.S. export (mnn.com)