Or New Orleans will just self-combust in a fuck-to-death frenzy of joy.
Bloomberg has Saints picked as having the best odds to win Superbowl XLVI in Indiana this year. Erik Matuszewski wrote, in an article hot of the proverbial presses, that the Saints are favored 5-1 to win the Superbowl. Matuszewski cites their “eight-game winning streak, a record- setting quarterback, an unbeaten home record and the experience of an NFL title two years ago” as support for these odds. Here is the article, in case you’d like it from the source.
All I can say is that if the Saints do win and if LSU wins the BCS National Championship, with University of Louisiana at Lafayette‘s recent bowl victory, Louisiana might just party itself to death. I’m not sure that we can handle this kind of cause for celebration. So keep an eye on the forecast because there may be a storm ahead.
- Why Saints’ Record Season Won’t Be a Success Unless They Win Super Bowl (bleacherreport.com)
- NFL Playoff Predictions: 3 Teams That Will Ride Momentum into Postseason (bleacherreport.com)
- NFL Roundtable: Playoff preview (cbc.ca)
- New Orleans Saints Playoff Scenarios: Mapping out Saints’ Road to Indy (bleacherreport.com)
- New Orleans Saints to play Detroit Lions in first playoff game (seven7dayfool.wordpress.com)
- Super Bowl XLVI Commercial Slots Are Sold Out (theuptownlounge.com)
- NFL Playoff Picture: Who Are the Real Contenders for Super Bowl XLVI? (bleacherreport.com)
- Super Bowl XLVI to be streamed live! (coolest-gadgets.com)
- Super Bowl 2012 Odds List: Falcons A Longshot, But NFC Favored (atlanta.sbnation.com)